BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trip to Vegas

My Grandma Belle passed away a few weeks ago. So the baby and I hopped on a plane and flew into Las Vegas. My in-laws happened to be out playing in their motor home and they drove into Vegas to pick us up. Then they drove us to St George to my Grandma's funeral. I was so happy that I made the trip. I read a poem at the grave site when I didn't think I would have the courage not to cry and I am super glad I was able to say goodbye. I saw my brothers, whom I haven't seen in a very long time. I figured it had been almost ten years since I had seen Tracy. I did not bring my camera to the funeral but you must take my word for it, he looks exactly like my Dad. I was happy to have a few hours to see him and his family. I saw cousins I haven't seen in years and we we were all able to say goodbye to a very beautiful woman.
After the funeral, we drove back to Vegas because my Mom reserved one of her time shares and we spent a few days of R&R and family bonding. I got to meet my niece Taylor and chill with Mady, Kiana,Shaely, and Tearle.
It was a whirl wind trip and it cost a small fortune to fly last minute but I was so glad I went. I have only been to Vegas, once, that I can remember, and I was too young to really appreciate it. You hear lots of crazy things about Vegas but I thought it was a lot of fun. I really want to go back with just Kyle and I. We would have a great time. I did "The CSI Experience" with Kiana. It was super cool. There was a crime scene with a dead body and we had to find evidence and go to the lab and figure out the crime. Of course, Kiana and I solved the crime and received our CSI diplomas from an electronic Gil Grissom. (I suppose you had to be there to truly appreciate our expertise. lol)
I will post pictures when I can get my computer to work. It is really acting up.

1 comments:

The Owen's said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma Tiff. That's tough. For the future, and maybe you did, but I think when there is a death, the airlines have special rates for that sort of of stuff because they know that no one plans these things. My mom used it once a while ago. FYI. Anyhow, I'm on to read our next post and look at pictures!